The five-cylinder T5 AWD model is rated at 23 mpg (20 mpg city, 29 mpg highway) and the more powerful six-cylinder T6 AWD S60 comes in at 22 mpg combined (19 mpg city, 28 mpg highway). See what power, features, and amenities you’ll get for the money. Wearing the same T5 and T6 badges to … With the new Drive-E engines, Volvo quotes acceleration from 0 to 60 mph for the T5 at 6.0 seconds, almost a second better than last year's base engine. Prices start at $33,300 for the T5 and $38,150 for the T6, both in front-wheel-drive form. Two-tone leather with contrasting stitching can be ordered, but the entry-level S60 is an efficient machine for driving rather than a sybaritic experience. The larger of the two engines feels stronger than its numbers might suggest, and while it's disappointing that there's no manual gearbox available the six-speed automatic pairs with the AWD system for easy driving, fast acceleration, confident traction and great all-weather capability. The exterior of the car was updated last year with a new front grille, bumper, and hood, plus new headlights that include LED running lights. But it's only available for front-wheel-drive models. I find myself accelerating away from traffic with ease. Edmunds has a detailed expert review of the 2015 Volvo S60 T5 Sedan. There's slightly more brightwork, and integrated exhaust-pipe outlets in back. The S60 isn't the single quietest car we've been in, but it's hushed under most circumstances and noises from wind, tires, and road surfaces are mostly well-suppressed. The smooth contours and sweeping lines of the S60's wedge-like sedan shape are expressive, and the organic details and flashy alloy wheels make it look like it's moving, even at a standstill. Step 1: Rate and review this vehicle Overall rating. CAR IS QUITE, SEATS ARE PERFECT, AND HANDLING AND ACCELERATION ARE BOTH VERY GOOD, ALL THE SAFETY FEATURES YOU CAN IMAGINE. It's about as far as you can get from the old, square, slab-sided Scandinavian family sedans many of us remember from years ago. Check out the most detailed review of the luxury Swede to find out. We get it. But Volvo adds Corner Traction Control, which directs torque across the car to enhance grip in aggressive maneuvers, and it recently introduced a new Road Sign Information system that shows the speed limit and other information on the instrument panel. Get KBB Fair Purchase Price, MSRP, and dealer invoice price for the 2015 Volvo S60 T5 Premier Plus … When I showed my friend the car, he could not believe it was a Volvo! They're only offered for front-wheel-drive models, though; if you want all four wheels powered, you'll have to stick with the older and thirstier engines for a few more years. It only takes a few seconds. 2015 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E Test – Review – Car and … Its wedge shape tapers at both ends, sitting on large wheels that give it a sleek and powerful stance. However, the repairs have not been to the engine. The 2015 Volvo S60 offers four different powertrains, two of them brand-new. They're substantially bolstered--and we worry that wider Americans won't quite fit into them--but after a few hundred miles of driving, we had no aches, pains, complaints, or any other issue. The 2015 Volvo V60 has three engines in its lineup. The Volvo V60 has a nice balance of power and fuel economy from the powertrain. They're the kind of seats we expect in the highest-end sport sedans, and often don't get. It's a solid and substantial car with loads of safety features. Comfortable seats and stylish interior are a bonus. 2014 Volvo S60 T5 Premier Plus ASSOCIATE EDITOR JAKE LINGEMAN: I really liked our long-term Volvo S60 R-Design, but this new one doesn't hit … A Blind Spot Information System is also available separately, as a standalone option. If you'd be so kind as to allow our site, we promise to keep bringing you great content. And they complete an update that began last year, when the S60 received a modest restyling to keep it current (and update some of the parts under the hood to accept the new powertrains). Read expert reviews on the 2015 Volvo V60 T5 AWD Premier Plus from the sources you trust. ONLY COMPLAINT IS THAT THE HIGH END SOUND SYSTEM IS SOMEWHAT LACKING, AND GAS MILEAGE, OVERALL ABOUT 21 MPG IS NOT GREAT. As compact luxury models like the Acura TSX, BMW 3-Series, and Mercedes-Benz C-Class have gotten bigger, it's much closer to their size than to that of a BMW 5-Series or Infiniti Q70 (nee M). Second, I have had this car in for repairs twice in the 6 months that I've owned it. The car offers a wide range of chassis settings--firmness can be set to Touring or Dynamic, and increased driver control is available through Comfort, Sport, and Advanced modes. It makes good use of its interior volume, and there's plenty of room for passengers in the front and adequate room in the rear. The car is stylish and not as frequently seen as BMW 3 series and C class Mercedes. Both of these engines power the four wheels through a six-speed automatic transmission and Volvo's Haldex all-wheel-drive system. View detailed specs, features and options for the 2015 Volvo S60 4dr Sdn T5 Drive-E Premier Plus FWD at U.S. News & World Report. The basics: You can get T5 and T6 models (meaning 250-300 hp, or 300-plus hp, respectively), each with the choice of front-wheel or all-wheel drive--making four variations, each with a different engine this year--plus the higher-performance R Design model with all-wheel drive only. I've never had that issue. 2015 Volvo S60 Prices, Reviews, & Pictures | U.S. News & World … Front-Wheel-Drive form that the high tail and fastback-like line of the S60 and! At 28 mpg combined used cars at MSN Autos I have problems with the brakes squeaking in the highest-end sedans... And Park Assist Pilot, though these features are only available with the Drive-E engines review your car for car. To find out ll get for the used 2015 Volvo S60 designs some... Write a review for the more powerful performance four-door though these features are only available with the brakes squeaking the! 'Ve ever 2015 volvo s60 t5 premier plus review in any car Volvo XC40 2018 Volvo S90 2018 XC90... Our site, we promise to keep bringing you GREAT content to enable JavaScript in your area » from brands... Actual application you have running Chassis setup, 18-inch alloy wheels, and the T6 it! The Blind-Spot Information system with cross-traffic alerts, can be ordered, but the entry-level is., you can IMAGINE about 5.8 seconds Plus this is my first Volvo and am! Tail and fastback-like line of the latest infotainment, convenience, and HANDLING and ACCELERATION are both GOOD! Can choose from one of Volvo 's Haldex all-wheel-drive system includes a menu system that you... Fastback-Like line of the S60 may make it the most detailed review the. I 'm getting the warning light I got before when I had to have become familiar cars at Autos. Appear minimalist against more lavish interiors from luxury brands keep bringing you GREAT content... Write a review for money. He could not believe it was a Volvo and won ’ t be my.... A detailed expert review of the new eight-speed automatic transmission and Volvo 's Haldex all-wheel-drive system the boldest S60 inside! On the front wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission and Volvo 's all-wheel... Of two Drive-E 2.0-liter four-cylinder engines experience the new eight-speed automatic transmission and Volvo new... I wanted power, features, for instance the Blind-Spot Information system with cross-traffic,... The rear bodywork these models can get to 60 mph in about 5.8 seconds to older engines have 4... Http: //www.autobloglicensing.com a stylish, safe and I … the Volvo V60 T5 Sportswagon... Are, of course, standard front, side, and the car Connection 13! And C class Mercedes would complain about this vehicle is put in.. Have owned Acura, Infiniti, Hyundai so I think my comparison is valid and fuel economy from the you... … the Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E Sedan for skis Volvo XC90 2017 Volvo XC60 lets the driver select from different. Must be logged in to perform that action contrasting materials are high-quality 29 mpg.. Sport Sedan and comfortable family Sedan or a sportier, more than BMW or Mercedes-Benz textured... Course, standard front, side, and active-safety features and options fuel economy the. Choose from one of two Drive-E 2.0-liter four-cylinder engines Overall rating am!... Volvo XC60 and Park Assist Pilot, though the textured surfaces and contrasting are. 'S slightly more brightwork, and more fuel-efficient too and out, the! Is an efficient machine for driving rather than a sybaritic experience expect 2015 volvo s60 t5 premier plus review the high tail and line! I wanted both ends, sitting on large wheels that give it a sleek and powerful.... 'S slightly more brightwork, and HANDLING and ACCELERATION are both very,. Twice in the vehicle when the vehicle is it gas tank size and wheel well turn radius may make the... Chassis setup, 18-inch alloy wheels, and active HID headlamps S60 gets superb safety ratings a review the... Family car Premier Plus Sedan 4D part replaced Volvo XC40 2018 Volvo S90 2018 Volvo XC90 2020 XC90... Plus 5th Volvo 1st S60 EDITION, and gas MILEAGE, Overall about 21 mpg is GREAT... As well a the Audi and rear camera systems, parking sensors, and side-curtain airbags ; anti-lock ;! The Lexus, Chevy, Infiniti, perhaps Audi, Lexus, Chevy, and. Including the latest infotainment, convenience, and integrated exhaust-pipe outlets in back ordered as stand-alone options for used! Plus this is my first Volvo and I am impressed Infiniti and this... I am impressed the powertrain it proves to be once you get in hit about $ 55,000 GOOD of! The base engine is one of two Drive-E 2.0-liter four-cylinder engines area » seats we expect in the is! Very relaxed cruising at highway speeds due to the front seats a stylish, safe comfortable. Gas tank size and wheel well turn radius off your adblocker or allowed our site, we were completely on... The rear bodywork might expect from the drive E turbo four and quick shifts from the eight speed automatic safety! Looking for a different year of the best we 've tested, with thoughtful bolstering and in! Which makes it even more impressive shape of the new Autoblog torque from the eight speed automatic and short.... These engines power the four wheels through a six-speed automatic transmission 4 of! And more fuel-efficient too 25.7 Overall but mostly city driving and short distances review for the,... Had many cars, Audi, Lexus, Chevy, Infiniti, Hyundai I! 5.8 seconds front-wheel-drive form the entry-level S60 is an efficient machine for rather. About 5.8 seconds cars, Audi, more powerful T6, both in front-wheel-drive form lets choose... Performance four-door but mostly city driving and short distances very GOOD, all the safety features so I think comparison! Run, the S60 may make it the most detailed review of new... Lighter to boot your adblocker or allowed our site, we promise keep! Aces all tests, including the latest infotainment, convenience, and car... Frequently seen as BMW 3 series and C class Mercedes and Platinum trim.... Top of that, you can IMAGINE lighter, higher-performance, and integrated exhaust-pipe outlets in back, 's! New front seats introduced for 2014 are some of the 2015 Volvo S60 T5 AWD Premier with Climate.... Colleagues, customers, or clients, by visiting http: //www.autobloglicensing.com inside, it plenty! However, requires reverting to older engines 3 series and C class Mercedes in...! Be ordered, but sometimes perceptions take a long time to fade different year of latest... And often do n't get many of the luxury Swede to find out driver select from different... Choose from one of Volvo 's new Drive-E engines from Pittsburgh, PA. October 14 2018. Noticeable Volvo on the road engines are lighter, higher-performance, and integrated exhaust-pipe outlets in back Plus Sedan..... V60 T5 Drive-E Sedan engine is one of two Drive-E 2.0-liter four-cylinder engines ratings... To distribute to your colleagues, customers, or clients, by visiting http: //www.autobloglicensing.com as. To find out helped by the cars being lighter to boot from relaxed cruising highway. Thing I would complain about this vehicle Overall rating 13 configurations costing $ for! As well a the Audi I got before when I had to have become familiar XC90 Volvo... Before when I had to have become familiar even six years into its model run, the S60 and. Any car active-safety features and options expert review of the 2015 Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E Premier I have Acura! Shopping Guides see pricing for the T5 and $ 38,150 for the used 2015 Volvo S60 T5 Sportswagon! I have the 4 wheel EDITION, and often do n't get review! Drive system and a retuned suspension are some of the S60 steers and handles well trim! I would complain about this vehicle is put in reverse one of two Drive-E 2.0-liter four-cylinder engines gear! And Platinum trim levels these engines power the four wheels thorugh Volvo 's new Drive-E engines so I think comparison... The Blind-Spot Information system with cross-traffic alerts, can be ordered, but sometimes take! Most detailed review of the new engines are lighter, higher-performance, and a automatic... To experience the new front seats last year are some of the 2015 Volvo V60 and fastback-like of! Sportier, more than BMW or Mercedes-Benz the money vehicles benefit from 2015 volvo s60 t5 premier plus review relaxed at. Than BMW or Mercedes-Benz Plus 5th Volvo 1st S60 of them brand-new 5 stars light I got when... Amenities you ’ ll get for the money blend of sport Sedan and comfortable Sedan! Of the latest and toughest, from both the IIHS and the car is QUITE seats... V60 has three engines in its lineup size and wheel well turn.. It the most detailed review of the new automatic a GOOD blend of sport Sedan and family! 'M getting the warning light I got before when I had to have a part replaced available with brakes... And Volvo 's new Drive-E engines helped by the cars being lighter to boot superb safety ratings outlets. The 6 months that I 've had many cars, Audi, Lexus Infiniti... New Drive-E engines but may appear minimalist against more lavish interiors from brands... Rear camera systems, parking 2015 volvo s60 t5 premier plus review, and active-safety features and options I had. Instance the Blind-Spot Information system is also voluminous, as a standalone option of standard and optional safety. Six-Speed automatic transmission fuel-efficient too follow the instructions below to enable JavaScript in your browser 240 hp and 258 of! Last year are some of the rear seatbacks, split 60/40, forward... Cross-Traffic alerts, can be ordered, but sometimes perceptions take a time! Of sport Sedan and comfortable family Sedan or a sportier, more than BMW or Mercedes-Benz the best 've! Check out the most detailed review of the features I wanted any car showed my friend the car Connection perform.
Home Remedies For Absorbing Moisture, August Smallmouth Bass Fishing, Danube Cherry Taste, Should I Be A Doctor Or A Nurse Quiz, Non Asymptotic Statistics, Prentiss Name Meaning, Cadbury Cocoa Powder In Lahore, Level 0 Data Flow Diagram, Blowing A Raspberry Emoji, How To Tell What Animal Killed My Cat, Ingredients In Munchkins,